Our client is the leading infrastructure and market exchange provider in Europe and one of the larges exchange organizations worldwide. The business is mainly transaction and data-driven and is powered by an incredible amount of incoming real-world financial market data every day. Our software engineers engage in an array of fields, from latency-optimization (nano-seconds) of our trading applications, to risk and margin calculator algorithms, expansion of data APIs on our digital business platform, and machine learning and natural language processing. If you strive to take ownership and develop creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, and like to work in a challenging and fast paced environment – then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
For MDH project (Market Data Hub) we are looking for an enthusiast to help with back-end development, skilled in Java programming (Java SE) with strong functional and analytical thinking. MDH in a solution for data ingestion from various sources, the data are normalized, stored and computed (given volatility, business logic etc.) in purpose to be provided to internal consumers. MDH being in production brings the need for new features development & implementation, therefore the main responsibility is to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve existing software. Are you able to manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables? Do you want to stay up to date on technology and help improve/automate processes/culture? Let´s read further details!
Technology stack used
- Java 11 with functional programming libraries, IntelliJ IDEA
- Docker, Microservices
- Kubernettes running on AWS
- Angular on top of Typescript
- Circle CI, Terraform, Ansible
- Elasticsearch, AMQP
- Background in building distributed applications on Linux or in a cloud native stack (ideally CNCF)
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- A degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or equivalent experience
- An appreciation of the challenges of building, running and servicing a minimum downtime production system
- Interest and ability to learn, collaborative working style
- Very good written and spoken English skills
Nice to have
- Experience with developing cloud native and 12factor applications
- Kubernetes experience on AWS, GCP or Azure
- DevOps experience with GitHub, Terraform, CI/CD (Circle or similar)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Interest or background in financial markets and risk management
- Good knowledge of simple analytic pricing models like Black Scholes etc.
- Good knowledge of numerical algorithms related to pricing and risk (e.g. multivariate minimization, root-finding, solving systems of equation, interpolators etc.)
- Passing knowledge of some numerical pricing method
- Decent knowledge of vanilla FX, IR cash and OTC markets.
- Knowledge of multi-curve discounting and collateral inclusion into yield-curves
- General awareness of the practical side of some of the more advanced concepts, e.g. model calibration, volatility modelling, correlation modelling etc.
What we offer
- Relocation package – approx. 4000 EUR
- Vacation days, sick days and personal days
- Czech SIM card, monthly budget is set to 40 EUR (including 10GB FUP)
- Contribution to public transport costs 140 EUR
- Employee referral program bonus up to 2000 EUR
- Multisport card to access sports facilities in Prague
- Free ticket to Prague Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Corporate and team events
- Education and Training courses
- Mentoring programme
- Unlimited contract