The position of Consultant provides structured analysis of customer requirements and uses this knowledge to provide a well founded perspective within a project/works package (new services, deployments, service take-on) which meet the needs of the customer (regional or global) . This includes the analysis of functional, technical and business requirements which may contribute to the successful design and build and implementation of solutions, supporting business cases and other related documentation such as business or system requirements documents. The role assumes some technical and/or business process expertise, and a responsibility in ensuring that solutions are delivered in line with business requirements of external/internal customers and aligned with architecture recommendations (as well as budgets, timescale and quality). Very important is ability to deal with stakeholders.
- Working with other areas of IT Services, business project management functions and external customers to ensure tasks are delivered in line with customer expectations.
- Interacts with project teams, product managers and technical and customer groups as necessary to resolve process related problems and facilitate a way forward; will typically have broader interaction with the customer in workshops and presentations as well as with Business IT staff in business related questions.
- Gathers and manages business requirements, as well as user, functional, technical and process requirements for products, services and/or software applications.
- Justifies their project/assignment in terms of context, benefits, options, costs, ROI, risks, dependencies & commitments, before any project is initiated.
- Ensures project/assignment completion in accordance with the pre-determined scope, time, budget and quality; plan, prioritizes and communicates status of related tasks.
- Generating presentations and documents/story lining.
- Strong technical background preferably with IT degree or equivalent work experienceVery good level of English (spoken and written).
- Very strong in business process modeling, business and data analysis.
- Experience with formalized business requirements analysis, incl. tools for requirement management.
- Ability to analyze and decompose business needs into sets of IT requirements.
- Demonstrable customer orientation - builds relationship and is trusted/sought for advice beyond own topic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - facilitates open dialogue and communication between stakeholders.
- Strong ability to solve problems and propose suitable, alternative solutions.
- Proactive; able to work independently on small projects, planning own time and resolving conflicts to achieve time, quality and budget.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
Nice to have:
- Awareness of Forwarding and/or Freight business standards and processes.